To create a healthier world than the one we’ve inherited, we have to look at life through someone else’s lens. We have to help people make the connection between healthier building and healthier living. We have to ask questions of people who don’t look like us, who don’t live where we live, and who don’t experience the world the same way we do. In other words, we have to dig deeper.
Check out these stories and then share your own. Please also visit our social channels for a closer look at how communities around the world have joined in USGBC’s commitment to building a healthier future for generations to come.
Explore stories by pillar
USGBC’s four core organizational pillars serve as its foundation: sustainability, health and wellness, resilience and equity. At its heart, these are designed to set a framework for tackling the issues our community cares about most, and to highlight how USGBC and our members, community volunteers, LEED professionals and other key stakeholders are leading in each of these areas.
Explore stories by region
By localizing our issues and our stories, we can truly drive market transformation from a grassroots perspective.
- United States
- Middle East
- Latin America
Explore stories by program and certification
USGBC and GBCI offer a variety of program and certification types to meet your sustainability goals.
- LEED green building certification system
- TRUE program for zero waste performance
- Sustainable SITES Initiative for sustainable and resilient landscape development
- Center for Green Schools for making green, healthy schools accessible to all students
- LEED for Cities and Communities
- Arc platform for measuring and benchmarking sustainability performance
- PEER program for power system performance and electricity infrastructure